Kenneth Holt and J. Beverly obtained a $388,000 judgment for their homeowner clients against a general contractor following a bench trial in the 215th District Court of Harris County. The homeowners alleged that they had been fraudulently induced into hiring the general contractor who made numerous misrepresentations regarding his experience and ability to complete a major remodel of a custom home in The Woodlands. The trial court found that the general contractor had defrauded the homeowners and breached the construction contract by overcharging the homeowners for goods and services actually delivered. The court awarded $273,000 in actual damages, additional statutory damages for breach of the Texas Theft Liability Act and DTPA, and $106,000 for attorneys’ fees through trial. The judgment represents a full recovery for the homeowners.
- TRIAL TEAM PREVAILS IN CONSTRUCTION SUIT December 21, 2017
- RICK SPENCER LEADS ETHICS PANEL DISCUSSION December 8, 2017
- Website Access Requires More Than an Internet Connection November 17, 2017
- MARK ZEIDMAN SPEAKS AT HARVEY FLOODING SYMPOSIUM October 30, 2017
- DISHONEST EMPLOYERS AND THEIR NON-COMPETE AGREEMENTS October 23, 2017