Kenneth Holt and J. Beverly obtained a $388,000 judgment for their homeowner clients against a general contractor following a bench trial in the 215th District Court of Harris County. The homeowners alleged that they had been fraudulently induced into hiring the general contractor who made numerous misrepresentations regarding his experience and ability to complete a major remodel of a custom home in The Woodlands. The trial court found that the general contractor had defrauded the homeowners and breached the construction contract by overcharging the homeowners for goods and services actually delivered. The court awarded $273,000 in actual damages, additional statutory damages for breach of the Texas Theft Liability Act and DTPA, and $106,000 for attorneys’ fees through trial. The judgment represents a full recovery for the homeowners.
- Three FBFK Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers List October 12, 2018
- FBFK Law Sponsors D CEO Magazine Corporate Counsel Awards September 26, 2018
- 4 Ways Your Business Can Take Advantage of the 20% Pass-Thru Deduction September 25, 2018
- Richard Spencer of FBFK Named to Texas Bar College Board of Directors September 12, 2018
- Hiring a Business Lawyer is Crucial to Any Business! August 28, 2018