On January 25, 2018, John Cone and Kelly Kubasta presented to the Dallas-Fort Worth branch of the Texas Association of Business Brokers on the topic of “Intellectual Property Considerations During a Merger/Acquisition or Other Business Transfer.” No matter the size of the transaction or the type of industry, every merger, acquisition, or other transfer of business assets must carefully address IP assets such as patents, trademarks, trade dress, copyright, and trade secrets, as well as other issues such as social media and competition concerns. Failure to do so can adversely affect – or even destroy – the anticipated value of the transaction. Obtaining the assistance of excellent intellectual property counsel early in the transaction process is important to ensure that the client maximizes return on investment.
- FBFK Service Saturday at Bonton Farms June 13, 2018
- Startup Bootcamp: Legal Edition June 5, 2018
- FBFK hosts first event in Silicon Valley – Startup Bootcamp: Legal Edition May 17, 2018
- Two FBFK Attorneys Named Best Lawyers 2018 by D Magazine May 10, 2018
- FBFK Law Sponsors 2018 JDRF “Dream Gala” May 10, 2018