On January 25, 2018, John Cone and Kelly Kubasta presented to the Dallas-Fort Worth branch of the Texas Association of Business Brokers on the topic of “Intellectual Property Considerations During a Merger/Acquisition or Other Business Transfer.” No matter the size of the transaction or the type of industry, every merger, acquisition, or other transfer of business assets must carefully address IP assets such as patents, trademarks, trade dress, copyright, and trade secrets, as well as other issues such as social media and competition concerns. Failure to do so can adversely affect – or even destroy – the anticipated value of the transaction. Obtaining the assistance of excellent intellectual property counsel early in the transaction process is important to ensure that the client maximizes return on investment.
- Three FBFK IP Attorneys Present at Advanced Intellectual Property Law Conference February 21, 2018
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” January 31, 2018
- TRIAL TEAM PREVAILS IN CONSTRUCTION SUIT December 21, 2017
- RICK SPENCER LEADS ETHICS PANEL DISCUSSION December 8, 2017
- The Texas Lawyer’s Creed December 7, 2017