On January 25, 2018, John Cone and Kelly Kubasta presented to the Dallas-Fort Worth branch of the Texas Association of Business Brokers on the topic of “Intellectual Property Considerations During a Merger/Acquisition or Other Business Transfer.” No matter the size of the transaction or the type of industry, every merger, acquisition, or other transfer of business assets must carefully address IP assets such as patents, trademarks, trade dress, copyright, and trade secrets, as well as other issues such as social media and competition concerns. Failure to do so can adversely affect – or even destroy – the anticipated value of the transaction. Obtaining the assistance of excellent intellectual property counsel early in the transaction process is important to ensure that the client maximizes return on investment.
- Richard Spencer of FBFK Named to Texas Bar College Board of Directors September 21, 2018
- Hiring a Business Lawyer is Crucial to Any Business! August 28, 2018
- Kelly Kubasta of FBFK Speaks at the 44th Annual Advanced Family Law Course August 16, 2018
- “Bunch O Balloons” Inventor Granted Injunction in Patent Litigation Handled by FBFK’s Kelly Kubasta August 1, 2018
- FBFK Service Saturday at Bonton Farms June 13, 2018