Attorney / Shareholder
Tory Cronin’s practice focuses on a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, including those involving fraud, accounting and legal malpractice, healthcare, securities, credit facilities, real estate, partnership disputes, tax disputes, intellectual property, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, labor and employment, insurance bad faith, and business torts. Additionally, he has extensive electronic discovery experience and expertise, including in matters involving vast amounts of electronic information of various file types, stored across various platforms and locations. Mr. Cronin has worked closely with clients to develop cost-effective strategies and procedures for conventional and electronic discovery, specifically providing solutions for clients with complex data networks and information stored at various international locations. As a former information-systems professional, Mr. Cronin is uniquely able to communicate with corporate IT departments, programmers, and e-discovery vendors.
- Obtained a $7.5 million arbitration award for two high-net-worth individuals against a “Big Four” accounting firm on professional negligence and fraud claims related to the marketing of fraudulent tax shelters.
- After 3.5 years of contentious litigation, obtained a favorable settlement for investment bank sued by lenders for $66 million on claims of fraud, negligent misrepresentation, violation of the Texas Securities Act, and conspiracy related to a credit facility.
- On behalf of financial advisor, obtained dismissal by summary judgment of claims by mezzanine lender seeking $13.5 million for violations of the Texas Securities Act.
- Obtained a take-nothing judgment after a bench trial on a contested matter in bankruptcy court where plaintiff asserted fraudulent transfer and sought payment of $2 million under the Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2006
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Management Information Systems, University of Texas at Austin, 2000
- Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity
- DBA Veteran’s Assistance Program
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018
- TRIAL TEAM PREVAILS IN CONSTRUCTION SUIT - December 21, 2017
- RICK SPENCER LEADS ETHICS PANEL DISCUSSION - December 8, 2017