Mr. Fay specializes in patent application preparation and prosecution before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In addition to domestic prosecution, Mr. Fay has extensive experience working with foreign associates on foreign prosecution matters, especially before the European Patent Office, but also before the Indian, Japanese, and Chinese patent offices.
Mr. Fay has extensive patent prosecution experience in a variety of technical areas. Mr. Fay has fifteen years of patent prosecution experience in the fields of computer hardware, software, and storage systems, as well as business enterprise systems. He also has ten years of experience in technologies related to aerospace, including software, communication systems, electronics, aircraft construction and design, aircraft operation, composite materials, rocketry, and others. He has three years of experience prosecuting patent applications for medical devices, including surgical instruments, chest compression devices, software for ECG devices, stents, catheters, pharmaceuticals, and medical procedures. Mr. Fay also has several years of experience in other areas, including wireless communication technologies, military defense systems, contact lenses, traffic signals, chemical mechanical planarization devices, and others.
Mr. Fay has been admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since 2001, and has had a license to practice law from the State of California since 1997. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in physics from the University of California San Diego in 1992. He earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from The University of Denver College of Law in 1997.
Admitted to Practice
- State of California, 1997
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
- B.S., Physics, University of California San Diego, 1992
- J.D., University of Denver College of Law, 1997
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- FBFK Attorneys Kevin Barnett and Ryan Marrone Author Seussian-Inspired Article for Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes Publication - January 10, 2020
- MEGAN THOMPSON FOOSHÉE Named to D Magazine’s 2020 List of Best Lawyers Under 40 - January 8, 2020
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018