Ryan D. Marrone
Ryan’s work primarily consists of complex commercial litigation, which ranges from disputes with business partners, employees, landlords/tenants, insurance carriers, and suppliers to defending business clients from a sweeping range of contractual and tort allegations.
Ryan has experience working at both a plaintiffs’ firm and a defense firm, but he finds himself most comfortable diving into and understanding his commercial clients’ businesses and working to help them through the litigation process. He understands that his clients want to focus on pursuing their business goals. Thus, he prides himself on efficiently working with his clients to develop a deliberate and calculated strategy.
Ryan has experience as lead counsel on appellate, commercial, construction, contract, defamation, insurance, negligence, real estate, premises liability, products liability, professional liability, and subrogation cases. He has successfully represented insurance agents and brokers, real estate brokers, attorneys, car dealerships, contractors, subcontractors, property managers, homeowners’ associations, corporations, LLCs, retailers, suppliers, manufacturers, and insurance companies.
Ryan graduated from Michigan State University College of Law magna cum laude and is a devoted Spartan fan. While in law school, he clerked for the Department of Justice and worked on high-value complex environmental litigation. He earned his business degree from Saginaw Valley State University (in Michigan) summa cum laude. He is an avid hockey player and fan.
Ryan D. Marrone
- Obtained take nothing judgment for insurance agency and insurance agent facing negligent procurement, breach of contract, DTPA, and Insurance Code claims on loss alleged to exceed $600,000.00 (2018).
- First chair jury trial experience and achieved very favorable settlement midtrial for luxury car dealership facing breach of contract, warranty, negligent misrepresentation, DTPA, and fraud claims (2018).
- Obtained desirable and creative settlement, including exclusive listing agreement, for real estate broker clients facing negligent misrepresentation claims brought by former prospective buyer of apartment complex (2018).
- Obtained dismissal for sporting goods client facing commercial claims brought by client’s retailer alleging over $1 million in contractual and extracontractual damages (2017).
- Key part of arbitration team that obtained take nothing arbitration award and recovered attorney’s fees for S&P 600 client facing commercial claims brought by client’s Fortune 250 vendor alleging over $1 million in contractual and extracontractual damages (2017).
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Northern District of Texas
- United States Southern District of Texas
- United States Eastern District of Texas
- United States Western District of Texas
- Juris Doctor, Michigan State University College of Law, magna cum laude, 2014
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Saginaw Valley State University, summa cum laude, 2011
Recognition and Involvement
- DAYL Co-chair, Dallas Ripple and Politically Aware Committees
- DAYL 2017 Leadership Class
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for highest grade in six classes in law school
- Michigan Hockey Scholar Athlete of the Year
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- FBFK Attorneys Kevin Barnett and Ryan Marrone Author Seussian-Inspired Article for Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes Publication - January 10, 2020
- MEGAN THOMPSON FOOSHÉE Named to D Magazine’s 2020 List of Best Lawyers Under 40 - January 8, 2020
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018