Our attorneys represent local, national and international clients in a wide range of business and commercial law matters, including:
Intellectual property licensing
Mergers and acquisitions
Commercial real estate transactions
Our Transactional Law Team
Candice L. DavisOf Counsel
Bankruptcy and Restructuring, Tax Planning and Controversies, Transactional Law
Representative Transactional Law Matters
- Represented world’s largest operator, franchisor, and licensor of convenience stores in connection with the formation and organization of a venture with some of the country’s largest merchants for the purpose of developing a merchant-driven mobile payment network
- Represented underwriters in IPO by developer of insurance industry software systems
- Represented NYSE-listed cement and construction materials company in concurrent U.S. and Canadian public offerings of $100 million of common stock, public offerings of medium-term notes, and U.S.-Canadian exchange offer
- Represented clients in matters involving tender offers, going-private transactions, exchange offers, and Exchange Act compliance
- Represented web-based subscription service company in IPO and subsequent venture capital financing round
- Represented both issuers and underwriters in connection with initial public offerings and secondary offerings
- Represented oilfield service company in connection with $550 million offering of senior unsecured notes under Rule 144A
- Represented oilfield service company in connection with $550 million offering of its 7.125% senior unsecured notes due 2018 under Rule 144A
News & Events
Is Your Company Ready if Non-Competes are Barred?
In response to a recent Federal Trade Commission ruling that, if passed, would ban employers from imposing non-competes on their workers, FBFK Shareholder and IP Attorney Kelly Kubasta sat down with Dallas Business Journal Publisher Ollie Chandok to discuss the implications for business leaders.
Building & Leveraging an Enterprise-wide IP Portfolio
Robert Lord Shares Insights via Houston Business Journal: Building & Leveraging an Enterprise-wide IP PortfolioIn a recent interview with Houston Business Journal Publisher Bob Charlet, FBFK Shareholder and IP Attorney Robert Lord offers an experienced take on the...
Legal Risks: Raising Capital in a Down Economy
Chris Williams details legal issues that often arise during troubled times and how to protect your business – an important read for any business executive trying to raise capital in today’s economy.
Four FBFK Attorneys Named to 2023 D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas
We are proud to announce that intellectual property shareholder Kelly Kubasta and of counsel intellectual property attorney John Cone, tax law shareholder Dan Baucum, and transactional law shareholder Paul Braswell have been named among 2023 D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas.