Mergers and Acquisitions
According to Forbes, about half of all mergers and acquisitions fail. That’s right: The odds are the same as flipping a coin. How can you better those odds and attain the success you deserve? Partner with the New Guard. Our skilled attorneys will leverage decades of mergers-and-acquisition experience to create more success for you. We’ll comb through every detail, anticipate legal issues and help you execute the deal. FBFK represents individuals, businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, government bodies, nonprofit organizations, buyers, sellers, targets, equity owners, lenders and financial advisors. Plus, we handle mergers and acquisitions of all sizes. Our attorneys have been successful with every significant acquisition method, including tender offers, proxy contests, roll-up transactions, management buyouts and leveraged acquisitions.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Team
Carson ReihsenAttorney and Assistant General Counsel
Transactional Law, Franchise Law, Employment Law, M&A
Representative Mergers and Acquisitions Matters
- Represented majority stockholders in the sale of their interests in a privately held oilfield service company for approximately $3.7 billion to a consortium of investors led by a foreign sovereign investment fund
- Represented financial services company in acquisition of post-deposition shell company in tax-advantaged transaction
- Advised Board of Directors of oilfield services company in connection with a $700 million roll-up transaction involving five companies operating in complementary industry segments
- Represented NYSE-listed cement and construction materials company in the purchase for $690 million of aggregates and construction materials businesses in United States and Canada from a foreign company
- Represented environmental abatement, remediation and restoration services firm in $44 million equity sale, with approximately $12 million equity rollover.
- Represented environmental abatement, remediation and restoration services firm in $15 million equity sale, with approximately $4 million equity rollover.
- Represented a private equity group in the metal coating and metal finishing space in the closing of acquisitions in Florida ($7 million), Texas ($1.5 million), Rhode Island ($10 million), California ($18 million), Pennsylvania ($8.5 million) and Colorado ($8.25 million), often with multiple transactions ongoing at the same time.
- Represented an apartment management company with operations in Oklahoma and Texas with a $34 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented a sales tax software business in an $80 million sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented one of the world’s largest operator, franchisor, and licensor of convenience stores in the acquisition of a chain of 175 convenience stores in Texas and Utah and a wholesale motor fuels distribution business with a dealer network of approximately 550 service stations
News & Events
For the second consecutive year, Dallas-based FBFK has been named to Chambers USA’s Regional Spotlight Guide, indicating the firm is a leading medium-sized law firm in Texas.
Todd Friedland and John Stephens have been selected to the distinguished 2024 Edition of the Southern California Super Lawyers list. This is Friedland’s 13th consecutive year and Stephens’s 8th consecutive year on the list.
Todd Shadle and Steve Toland take on the civil and criminal statutes now available to pursue enforcement and offer 5 ways employers can protect themselves amidst growing threats.