Mergers and Acquisitions
According to Forbes, about half of all mergers and acquisitions fail. That’s right: The odds are the same as flipping a coin. How can you better those odds and attain the success you deserve? Partner with the New Guard. Our skilled attorneys will leverage decades of mergers-and-acquisition experience to create more success for you. We’ll comb through every detail, anticipate legal issues and help you execute the deal. FBFK represents individuals, businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, government bodies, nonprofit organizations, buyers, sellers, targets, equity owners, lenders and financial advisors. Plus, we handle mergers and acquisitions of all sizes. Our attorneys have been successful with every significant acquisition method, including tender offers, proxy contests, roll-up transactions, management buyouts and leveraged acquisitions.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Team
Representative Mergers and Acquisitions Matters
- Represented financial services company in acquisition of post-deposition shell company in tax-advantaged transaction
- Represented NYSE-listed cement and construction materials company in the purchase for $690 million of aggregates and construction materials businesses in United States and Canada from a foreign company
- Represented majority stockholders in the sale of their interests in a privately held oilfield service company for approximately $3.7 billion to a consortium of investors led by a foreign sovereign investment fund
- Advised Board of Directors of oilfield services company in connection with a $700 million roll-up transaction involving five companies operating in complementary industry segments
- Represented environmental abatement, remediation and restoration services firm in $15 million equity sale, with approximately $4 million equity rollover.
- Represented a private equity group in the metal coating and metal finishing space in the closing of acquisitions in Florida ($7 million), Texas ($1.5 million), Rhode Island ($10 million), California ($18 million), Pennsylvania ($8.5 million) and Colorado ($8.25 million), often with multiple transactions ongoing at the same time.
- Represented a sales tax software business in an $80 million sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented one of the world’s largest operator, franchisor, and licensor of convenience stores in the acquisition of a chain of 175 convenience stores in Texas and Utah and a wholesale motor fuels distribution business with a dealer network of approximately 550 service stations
- Represented an apartment management company with operations in Oklahoma and Texas with a $34 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented environmental abatement, remediation and restoration services firm in $44 million equity sale, with approximately $12 million equity rollover.
News & Events
Is Your Company Ready if Non-Competes are Barred?
In response to a recent Federal Trade Commission ruling that, if passed, would ban employers from imposing non-competes on their workers, FBFK Shareholder and IP Attorney Kelly Kubasta sat down with Dallas Business Journal Publisher Ollie Chandok to discuss the implications for business leaders.
Building & Leveraging an Enterprise-wide IP Portfolio
Robert Lord Shares Insights via Houston Business Journal: Building & Leveraging an Enterprise-wide IP PortfolioIn a recent interview with Houston Business Journal Publisher Bob Charlet, FBFK Shareholder and IP Attorney Robert Lord offers an experienced take on the...
Legal Risks: Raising Capital in a Down Economy
Chris Williams details legal issues that often arise during troubled times and how to protect your business – an important read for any business executive trying to raise capital in today’s economy.
Four FBFK Attorneys Named to 2023 D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas
We are proud to announce that intellectual property shareholder Kelly Kubasta and of counsel intellectual property attorney John Cone, tax law shareholder Dan Baucum, and transactional law shareholder Paul Braswell have been named among 2023 D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas.