Mergers and Acquisitions
According to Forbes, about half of all mergers and acquisitions fail. That’s right: The odds are the same as flipping a coin. How can you better those odds and attain the success you deserve? Partner with the New Guard. Our skilled attorneys will leverage decades of mergers-and-acquisition experience to create more success for you. We’ll comb through every detail, anticipate legal issues and help you execute the deal. FBFK represents individuals, businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, government bodies, nonprofit organizations, buyers, sellers, targets, equity owners, lenders and financial advisors. Plus, we handle mergers and acquisitions of all sizes. Our attorneys have been successful with every significant acquisition method, including tender offers, proxy contests, roll-up transactions, management buyouts and leveraged acquisitions.
Our Mergers and Acquisitions Team
Carson ReihsenAttorney and Assistant General Counsel
Transactional Law, Franchise Law, Employment Law, M&A
Representative Mergers and Acquisitions Matters
- Represented majority stockholders in the sale of their interests in a privately held oilfield service company for approximately $3.7 billion to a consortium of investors led by a foreign sovereign investment fund
- Represented financial services company in acquisition of post-deposition shell company in tax-advantaged transaction
- Advised Board of Directors of oilfield services company in connection with a $700 million roll-up transaction involving five companies operating in complementary industry segments
- Represented NYSE-listed cement and construction materials company in the purchase for $690 million of aggregates and construction materials businesses in United States and Canada from a foreign company
- Represented environmental abatement, remediation and restoration services firm in $44 million equity sale, with approximately $12 million equity rollover.
- Represented environmental abatement, remediation and restoration services firm in $15 million equity sale, with approximately $4 million equity rollover.
- Represented a private equity group in the metal coating and metal finishing space in the closing of acquisitions in Florida ($7 million), Texas ($1.5 million), Rhode Island ($10 million), California ($18 million), Pennsylvania ($8.5 million) and Colorado ($8.25 million), often with multiple transactions ongoing at the same time.
- Represented an apartment management company with operations in Oklahoma and Texas with a $34 million sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented a sales tax software business in an $80 million sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented one of the world’s largest operator, franchisor, and licensor of convenience stores in the acquisition of a chain of 175 convenience stores in Texas and Utah and a wholesale motor fuels distribution business with a dealer network of approximately 550 service stations
News & Events
USA Today reports that “prosecutors in Texas are planning a sweeping dismissal of nearly every indictment against Austin police officers for their uses of force during the May 2020 social justice protests.”
The editors of D CEO magazine announced that Todd Shadle, Board Certified Labor and Employment Law Attorney and FBFK Shareholder, has been named to the 2024 edition of the Dallas 500, a list honoring the most powerful and influential business leaders in North Texas.
On Nov. 10, 2023, Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed into law SB 7, which bans private employers of any size from imposing or enforcing COVID-19 vaccine mandates as a condition of employment. The law will take effect on February 6, 2024.
Congratulations to Litigation Shareholder/Attorney, Ryan Marrone, for being chosen for Texas Lawyer’s 2023 Rising Stars List of attorneys. The award, which was given to less than 30 attorneys, recognizes the state’s top lawyers who are 40 years of age and under.