Franchising is never something to take lightly. You’ll want dedicated attorneys to guide you through this layered process while prioritizing your best interest — always. Not a lot of lawyers practice franchise law, but we do. Better yet, we’ve represented both sides of multiple franchising agreements, so we know how to avoid all of the problems that can arise. FBFK attorneys will help you with franchise disclosure documents, franchise agreements and development agreements.
Our Franchise Law Team
Representative Franchise Law Matters
- Represented a purchaser in the purchase of multiple tutoring franchises.
- Represented a restaurant franchisor with 15 locations in connection with a merger into a larger franchisor/operator with over 40 locations.
- Represented a membership-based men’s fine grooming and lifestyle club to expand its fine grooming business into a nationwide franchise brand through a partnership with a national massage services franchise.
- Represented a veterinarian and pet boarding franchisor/operator with a combined 17 company-owned and franchised locations in connection with the sale to a private equity purchaser.
- Represented a franchisee of a well known fast food chain with more than 70 locations in connection with the sale to a private purchaser.
- Represented a DFW-area franchisee of retail furniture stores in connection with the sale of 22 franchise locations.
- Represented a purchaser in the acquisition of a franchisor and various sports leagues across the United States.
- Represented a franchisee of 17 barbershop locations in connection with a sale to a multi-industry franchise investment group.
News & Events
Four FBFK shareholder/ attorneys, Dan Baucum, Kelly Kubasta, Richard Spencer, and Rachael Smiley, have been selected to the distinguished 2022 Edition of the Texas Super Lawyers list
Paul Braswell explains the limitations and implications of S-corp status, and how the sale of your business may be impacted.
The Apple Flaw & BYOD cyber-hygiene: 4 essential steps DFW business leaders need to take – now and forever
FBFK’s Data Privacy & Security attorney Jenifer McIntosh shares pointed insights about the recently publicized Apple exploits, how these could impact your business, and best practices to protect your data.
Learn from FBFK Data Privacy and Security Attorney Jenifer McIntosh as she shares the impact of GDPR on organizations in the U.S. with host Marcio Cots on his COTS Attorney’s Get Privacy podcast.