Franchising is never something to take lightly. You’ll want dedicated attorneys to guide you through this layered process while prioritizing your best interest — always. Not a lot of lawyers practice franchise law, but we do. Better yet, we’ve represented both sides of multiple franchising agreements, so we know how to avoid all of the problems that can arise. FBFK attorneys will help you with franchise disclosure documents, franchise agreements and development agreements.
Our Franchise Law Team
Carson ReihsenAttorney and Assistant General Counsel
Transactional Law, Franchise Law, Employment Law, M&A
Representative Franchise Law Matters
- Represented a restaurant franchisor with 15 locations in connection with a merger into a larger franchisor/operator with over 40 locations.
- Represented a DFW-area franchisee of retail furniture stores in connection with the sale of 22 franchise locations.
- Represented a veterinarian and pet boarding franchisor/operator with a combined 17 company-owned and franchised locations in connection with the sale to a private equity purchaser.
- Represented a franchisee of a well known fast food chain with more than 70 locations in connection with the sale to a private purchaser.
- Represented a membership-based men’s fine grooming and lifestyle club to expand its fine grooming business into a nationwide franchise brand through a partnership with a national massage services franchise.
- Represented a purchaser in the acquisition of a franchisor and various sports leagues across the United States.
- Represented a franchisee of 17 barbershop locations in connection with a sale to a multi-industry franchise investment group.
- Represented a purchaser in the purchase of multiple tutoring franchises.
News & Events
For the second consecutive year, Dallas-based FBFK has been named to Chambers USA’s Regional Spotlight Guide, indicating the firm is a leading medium-sized law firm in Texas.
Todd Friedland and John Stephens have been selected to the distinguished 2024 Edition of the Southern California Super Lawyers list. This is Friedland’s 13th consecutive year and Stephens’s 8th consecutive year on the list.
Todd Shadle and Steve Toland take on the civil and criminal statutes now available to pursue enforcement and offer 5 ways employers can protect themselves amidst growing threats.