We’ll guard your secrets and your success by:
- Creating enforceable noncompete and nondisclosure agreements
- Identifying methods for protecting your confidential information and trade secrets
- Creating a custom report outlining how your organization can reduce litigation exposure
We will also defend you in actions involving:
- Discrimination and retaliation under the Civil Rights Act and Title VII
- ADA – The Americans With Disabilities Act
- ADEA – The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- ERISA – Employment Retirement Income Securities Act
- FCRA – The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- FLSA – The Fair Labor Standards Act
- FMLA – The Family and Medical Leave Act
- WARN – The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The Texas Labor Code
- Workers’ compensation plans and nonsubscriber compliance
Our Employment Law Team
Thomas BorchardOf Counsel
Commercial Litigation, Commercial Real Estate, Employment Law, Intellectual Property
Representative Employment Law Matters
- Created employment handbooks and specific policies for various employment situations, including COVID quarantines and vaccinations, remote work
- Successfully responded to employees’ claims of discrimination or harassment in proceedings before the TWC and EEOC.
- Advised clients and represented them in TWC unemployment claim hearings and directed strategies in other jurisdictions
- Defended and successfully resolved claims of wage and hour inaccuracies
- Advised on labor and employment issues, and litigation issues, for due diligence on purchase and sale/merger transactions
- Advised clients on employment terminations, non-competes, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and non-circumvention agreements
- Lead internal investigations into employee misconduct
- Advised clients on employment terminations and unemployment insurance claims.
- Representing a software development company in a suit against a former employee and her new employer for violation of a non-compete agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets. Mr. Holt secured an agreed permanent injunction favorable to his client after a one-day evidentiary hearing.
- Representing a company with claims against a former employee that was disparaging and interfering with the business of the client. Mr. Holt obtained an agreed permanent injunction against the former employee and his current employer prohibiting further disparagement or interference by them.
- Obtaining an agreed permanent injunction in favor of pipeline services company against former employee prohibiting violations of non-competition agreement.
- Obtaining an agreed permanent injunction in favor of an e-commerce company against former employees and their new company prohibiting violations of their employment agreements and the misappropriation of the client’s trade secrets.
News & Events
For the second consecutive year, Dallas-based FBFK has been named to Chambers USA’s Regional Spotlight Guide, indicating the firm is a leading medium-sized law firm in Texas.
Todd Friedland and John Stephens have been selected to the distinguished 2024 Edition of the Southern California Super Lawyers list. This is Friedland’s 13th consecutive year and Stephens’s 8th consecutive year on the list.
Todd Shadle and Steve Toland take on the civil and criminal statutes now available to pursue enforcement and offer 5 ways employers can protect themselves amidst growing threats.