We’ll guard your secrets and your success by:
- Creating enforceable noncompete and nondisclosure agreements
- Identifying methods for protecting your confidential information and trade secrets
- Creating a custom report outlining how your organization can reduce litigation exposure
We will also defend you in actions involving:
- Discrimination and retaliation under the Civil Rights Act and Title VII
- ADA – The Americans With Disabilities Act
- ADEA – The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- ERISA – Employment Retirement Income Securities Act
- FCRA – The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- FLSA – The Fair Labor Standards Act
- FMLA – The Family and Medical Leave Act
- WARN – The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The Texas Labor Code
- Workers’ compensation plans and nonsubscriber compliance
Our Employment Law Team
Thomas BorchardOf Counsel
Commercial Litigation, Commercial Real Estate, Employment Law, Intellectual Property
Representative Employment Law Matters
- Created employment handbooks and specific policies for various employment situations, including COVID quarantines and vaccinations, remote work
- Successfully responded to employees’ claims of discrimination or harassment in proceedings before the TWC and EEOC.
- Advised clients and represented them in TWC unemployment claim hearings and directed strategies in other jurisdictions
- Advised clients on employment terminations and unemployment insurance claims.
- Defended and successfully resolved claims of wage and hour inaccuracies
- Advised on labor and employment issues, and litigation issues, for due diligence on purchase and sale/merger transactions
- Lead internal investigations into employee misconduct
- Advised clients on employment terminations, non-competes, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and non-circumvention agreements
- Representing a software development company in a suit against a former employee and her new employer for violation of a non-compete agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets. Mr. Holt secured an agreed permanent injunction favorable to his client after a one-day evidentiary hearing.
- Obtaining an agreed permanent injunction in favor of pipeline services company against former employee prohibiting violations of non-competition agreement.
- Representing a company with claims against a former employee that was disparaging and interfering with the business of the client. Mr. Holt obtained an agreed permanent injunction against the former employee and his current employer prohibiting further disparagement or interference by them.
- Obtaining an agreed permanent injunction in favor of an e-commerce company against former employees and their new company prohibiting violations of their employment agreements and the misappropriation of the client’s trade secrets.
News & Events
John Cone named to 2023 Chambers USA Guide for 10th consecutive year
For the 10th consecutive year, John Cone, lauded Intellectual Property attorney at the Dallas-based FBFK law firm, was named to the coveted 2023 Chambers USA Guide
Bankruptcy Filing? 5 Things In-House Counsel Should Know
With bankruptcy filings increasing, and many economists continuing to predict a recession in the next 12 to 18 months, the likelihood that your organization will be affected by a filing is on the rise. Below are five issues to be aware of when a customer, tenant or other party connected to your organization files for bankruptcy so that you can ensure that your rights and interests are protected.
Dallas Business Journal Cover Story: FBFK’s Kyle Ferguson on “Why middle market M&A is still hot, particularly in Texas”
In a recent cover story in the Dallas Business Journal, FBFK CEO & Founder Kyle Ferguson detailed the ins and outs of the current M&A market, calling out a variety of trends including his strong belief that the fast pace of middle market transactions will continue well into the end of 2023.
Oil & Gas Property Owners Take Note: Court Ruling Could Help Your Case
The basis for invalidating a mineral property lien claim in a bankruptcy adversary proceeding, and the legal strategy applied, will help mineral property owners all over the state.