We’ll guard your secrets and your success by:
- Creating enforceable noncompete and nondisclosure agreements
- Identifying methods for protecting your confidential information and trade secrets
- Creating a custom report outlining how your organization can reduce litigation exposure
We will also defend you in actions involving:
- Discrimination and retaliation under the Civil Rights Act and Title VII
- ADA – The Americans With Disabilities Act
- ADEA – The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- ERISA – Employment Retirement Income Securities Act
- FCRA – The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- FLSA – The Fair Labor Standards Act
- FMLA – The Family and Medical Leave Act
- WARN – The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The Texas Labor Code
- Workers’ compensation plans and nonsubscriber compliance
Our Employment Law Team
Thomas BorchardOf Counsel
Commercial Real Estate, Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Transactional Law
Representative Employment Law Matters
- Created employment handbooks and specific policies for various employment situations, including COVID quarantines and vaccinations, remote work
- Successfully responded to employees’ claims of discrimination or harassment in proceedings before the TWC and EEOC.
- Advised clients and represented them in TWC unemployment claim hearings and directed strategies in other jurisdictions
- Advised clients on employment terminations and unemployment insurance claims.
- Defended and successfully resolved claims of wage and hour inaccuracies
- Advised on labor and employment issues, and litigation issues, for due diligence on purchase and sale/merger transactions
- Lead internal investigations into employee misconduct
- Advised clients on employment terminations, non-competes, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and non-circumvention agreements
- Representing a software development company in a suit against a former employee and her new employer for violation of a non-compete agreement and misappropriation of trade secrets. Mr. Holt secured an agreed permanent injunction favorable to his client after a one-day evidentiary hearing.
- Obtaining an agreed permanent injunction in favor of pipeline services company against former employee prohibiting violations of non-competition agreement.
- Representing a company with claims against a former employee that was disparaging and interfering with the business of the client. Mr. Holt obtained an agreed permanent injunction against the former employee and his current employer prohibiting further disparagement or interference by them.
- Obtaining an agreed permanent injunction in favor of an e-commerce company against former employees and their new company prohibiting violations of their employment agreements and the misappropriation of the client’s trade secrets.
News & Events
Four FBFK shareholder/ attorneys, Dan Baucum, Kelly Kubasta, Richard Spencer, and Rachael Smiley, have been selected to the distinguished 2022 Edition of the Texas Super Lawyers list
Paul Braswell explains the limitations and implications of S-corp status, and how the sale of your business may be impacted.
The Apple Flaw & BYOD cyber-hygiene: 4 essential steps DFW business leaders need to take – now and forever
FBFK’s Data Privacy & Security attorney Jenifer McIntosh shares pointed insights about the recently publicized Apple exploits, how these could impact your business, and best practices to protect your data.
Learn from FBFK Data Privacy and Security Attorney Jenifer McIntosh as she shares the impact of GDPR on organizations in the U.S. with host Marcio Cots on his COTS Attorney’s Get Privacy podcast.