Data Privacy, Security, & Compliance
As our world becomes increasingly digital – and legal compliance increasingly critical – it’s more important than ever to have guidance from experienced data privacy and security experts who fully understand the legal implications of this ever-evolving landscape. Those seeking counsel can partner with our seasoned team led by FBFK Shareholder/Data Privacy & Security Attorney Jenifer Mcintosh.
Our team can provide legal compliance and practical implementation expertise in a number of areas, including privacy, cybersecurity, Internet, intellectual property, and consumer protection laws, including litigation and government investigations. We help businesses establish best practice policies that set-up an organization for long-term success and stability. And although we think prevention is the best defense, should the need arise, our team will fight to protect the right to privacy and security.
With a particular focus on business use and protection of digital assets, our team is well versed on legal issues related to pharmaceutical trials, healthcare research, international data transfers, big data storage, tech agreements, social media, mobile applications, cybersecurity, online tracking and analytics, and software development.
Our Data Privacy, Security, & Compliance Team
Our Data Privacy, Security, & Compliance Practice
The breadth of our capabilities and experience in defending and protecting privacy and security includes:
Cybersecurity and Data Privacy
- Data processing agreements
- Cross-border data transfer requirements (SCCs, GDPR)
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) & UK DPA/GDPR compliance
- US State law privacy & breach reporting compliance, for now: CCPA/CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, UCPA, CTDPA
- ISO, NIST, SANS 20 implementation and processes
- Cyber and privacy compliance implementation
- Product & Privacy by Design, including software development, app design, UX interface, training
- Analytics & Big Data governance, privacy by design and due diligence in mergers and acquisitions, venture finance and capital raising
- Children’s Privacy, namely GDPR & COPPA, FERPA and state law requirements, edTech and parental consent requirements
- Employee data privacy compliance
- License agreements
- Data Processing Agreements/Addendums
- Joint development agreements
- SaaS (Software as a Subscription) agreements
- Software licenses
- Software development agreements
- End User License Agreements (EULA)
- Master & Service Level Agreements (MSA/SLA)
- MSP & Cloud Computing Agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Reseller agreements
E-Commerce and Websites
- Domain name disputes (UDRP – Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy)
- DMCA Take-Down Notices
- CAN-SPAM, PECR, CASL Compliance
- Preference Center and UX Interface compliance
- Dark Patterns and Deceptive Design avoidance
- Advertising law
Intellectual Property Enforcement and Litigation
- Patent infringement
- Copyright infringement
- Trademark infringement
- Counterfeiting & brand enforcement
- Brand development
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act litigation
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Technology contract disputes
- License disputes
Representative Data Privacy, Security, & Compliance Matters
News & Events
A FOX4 investigation raised questions about one veteran who had obtained a VA loan to purchase a home as a primary residence but who was instead using it to generate revenue as a short-term rental.
Dan Baucum, lauded tax law practitioner, immediate past chair of the State Bar of Texas Tax Section, and FBFK law firm’s Tax Planning & Controversies Chair, has been named to the 2023 edition of the Dallas 500, a list honoring the most powerful and influential business leaders in N. Texas.
Dallas-based FBFK law firm has been named to the 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list, which recognizes the most elite firms across the nation for their professional excellence and consistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. The list is compiled annually by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®.
On Thursday, Oct. 27, Dallas-area members of the Association for Corporate Growth-DFW filled Arlington Hall on Turtle Creek for the October Dallas Dealmaker Series program featuring a blockchain panel discussion.