Mark R. Zeidman
Chair, Employment Law Group
Mark Zeidman provides advice and counsel to business management and in-house legal counsel regarding employment issues and workplace disputes. He represents businesses in employment disputes in both state and federal courts, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Texas Workforce Commission. Mr. Zeidman also advises and assists businesses with transactions and disputes involving construction, manufacturing, information technology, and government contracts.
Mr. Zeidman has tried and settled numerous cases involving employment discrimination, employee theft, non-competition agreements, covenants not to compete, theft of trade secrets, and non-disclosure agreements. He frequently obtains temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctive relief for companies that seek to prevent employees and former employees from violating employment contracts and legal rights owed by employees to their companies. Mr. Zeidman also represents companies in cases that involve construction accidents and defects, business disputes, product liability claims, insurance coverage issues, and property and casualty claims.
Mr. Zeidman is a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. with highest honors and special honors in Government. He was Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Psi. He earned a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, with honors. He won the Geary Brice Moot Court Competition and was named Outstanding Advocate. He was on the National Moot Court Team and The Board of Advocates. Mr. Zeidman was named to The Order of Barristers. His favorite times included acting in and helping to produce Assault & Flattery.
Mr. Zeidman’s experience includes:
- Tried discrimination claims to verdict in jury and bench trials.
- Authored employment manuals for corporate clients and made periodic revisions as laws changed.
- Successfully responded to employees’ claims of discrimination or harassment in proceedings before the TWC and EEOC.
- Advised clients and represented them in TWC unemployment claim hearings and directed strategies in other jurisdictions
- Created and negotiated employment contracts for IT services companies, temporary placement agencies, global manufacturing companies, construction companies, and other services companies.
- Created and negotiated employment contracts and analyzed Service Contract Act (SCA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) issues for several government contractors.
- Defended and successfully resolved claims of wage and hour inaccuracies
- Advised on labor and employment issues, and litigation issues, for due diligence on purchase and sale/merger transactions
- Advised clients on employment terminations, non-competes, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and non-circumvention agreements
- Lead internal investigations into employee misconduct
- Negotiated extremely favorable settlement of cases involving a paraplegic and a death as a result of a powered scaffold accident in a refinery, on behalf of scaffold manufacturer.
- Handled and settled thousands of claims as a senior counsel on a docket of 37,000+ properties allegedly damaged by defective plumbing materials, including several jury trials and appeals.
- Reviewed and advised corporate clients on insurance coverage needed for their businesses and activities, including interviews and selection of agencies of record.
- Handled state-wide toxic tort docket for large engineering, procurement, and construction company.
- Advised clients on employment terminations and unemployment insurance claims.
- Created master services agreements and subcontracts for IT services companies, including the largest IT consulting company in Houston, TX.
- Created subcontracts for the purchase of materials and services for government contractor clients, including NASA/Johnson Space Center activities and others nationwide.
- Tried, as co-counsel, and then authored a successful appellate brief for aircraft manufacturing client upholding favorable jury verdict in aircraft accident litigation.
- Handled insurance coverage litigation for both insurers and policyholders.
- Analyzed Small Business Administration issues and proceedings, including those unique to Tribal 8(a) firms.
- Analyzed International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations for government contractor client.
- Tried approximately 50 cases involving claims of general negligence, products liability or medical negligence leading to death, personal injury or property damage.
- Advised on disputes with State of Texas regarding sales tax issues.
- Represent insureds concerned about how their cases are being handled by insurance carriers
- Established a UK subsidiary for a US company, including handling insurance, EU counsel, accounting and related set up issues
- Created EULAs and SaaS agreements for software providers
- Successfully defended to jury verdict a large manufacturer of waterjet cutting equipment against products liability, warranty
Mark R. Zeidman
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow: Texas Bar Foundation
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted in 1980, Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Western District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Southern District/Bankruptcy Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- US Court of Federal Claims
- B.A. with highest honors, University of Texas, Class of 1977
- J.D. with honors, University of Texas, Class of 1980
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- FBFK Attorneys Kevin Barnett and Ryan Marrone Author Seussian-Inspired Article for Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes Publication - January 10, 2020
- MEGAN THOMPSON FOOSHÉE Named to D Magazine’s 2020 List of Best Lawyers Under 40 - January 8, 2020
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018