Mr. McCarthy specializes in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for inventions in a variety of technical fields. For example, Mr. McCarthy has drafted and prosecuted patent applications for inventions in the fields of computer networking, operating systems, image processing, optics, printer drivers and printer power management, cache memory management including cache coherency, capacitance sensing with interference mitigation, encryption, oilfield simulations, financial applications, and business methods.
In addition, Mr. McCarthy has been involved in developing patent strategies for clients of all sizes (including startups), in drafting patent licensing agreements, and in drafting patentability and validity opinions. Mr. McCarthy also has considerable experience in drafting briefs for consideration by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Prior to joining the legal realm, Mr. McCarthy studied electrical engineering at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. His research foci included both cellular wireless technology (e.g., modulation and spread spectrum techniques) and image processing (e.g., image registration).
Foreign and Domestic Patent Prosecution in the Fields of:
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Princeton University (2004)
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Queen’s University (2003)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018
- TRIAL TEAM PREVAILS IN CONSTRUCTION SUIT - December 21, 2017
- RICK SPENCER LEADS ETHICS PANEL DISCUSSION - December 8, 2017