Luisa Calderon is an experienced trial attorney, ready to use her skill in assisting people in their personal injury and civil cases. Prior to joining the firm, Luisa ran her own solo practice in assisting people on a one-on-one basis. Wanting to assist more people Luisa joins the firm knowing that she can take on more cases and is ready to work your file in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
After many years as a defense litigator, Luisa’s entrepreneurial spirit and desire to assist people turned her focus to plaintiff’s work. Luisa has been involved in handling an array of cases that range from two party claimants involved in small car wreck cases to 18-wheeler wrecks with complex multiparty cases. She is currently lead counsel on a multiparty Fair Labor Standards Act employment litigation for failure to pay overtime wages. Additionally, Luisa is involved in construction litigation and materialman lien.
Luisa obtained her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Loyola University, New Orleans College of Law and was licensed to practice law in Texas in 2010. While in law school, Luisa was a member and coach of the Trial Advocacy program. During her last year of law school, Luisa worked at the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s office as a student attorney, where she successfully tried several cases to verdict.
Born in Guatemala City, Guatemala, Luisa is fluent in Spanish, which serves as a great tool for Texas’ ever-changing cultural make-up. In her free time, Luisa enjoys spending time with her son Mateo and participating in a variety of outdoor activities, including running half-marathons.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctorate, May 2009
- Achievements: Trial Advocacy Team Intramural Competition, Coach, 2nd Place overall October 2008
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. Political Science, May 1999
- Achievements: University Scholar and Mustang Award
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas May 2010
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Native English and Spanish speaker
- French – advanced level
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018
- TRIAL TEAM PREVAILS IN CONSTRUCTION SUIT - December 21, 2017
- RICK SPENCER LEADS ETHICS PANEL DISCUSSION - December 8, 2017