Attorney / Shareholder
Leighton Aiken is an attorney with and shareholder of Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta PC. His practice focuses on complex commercial/business litigation, with an emphasis on business torts, contract disputes, securities fraud, restrictive covenant and trade secret litigation, False Claims Act investigations and litigation, healthcare (with an emphasis in long term care), partnership and shareholder disputes, employer rights, and creditor rights in bankruptcy proceedings.
In addition, Leighton has served as lead counsel in representing clients (including publicly traded companies) in a variety of transactions, including asset sales, equity sales, financing transactions, corporate formations and restructures, credit facilities, and joint ventures.
As a former prosecutor with the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, Leighton has, over his 30+ years in private practice, developed a national practice, litigating disputes in over 35 states, has tried numerous bench and jury trials in state and federal courts around the country, and has participated in arbitration proceedings in a variety of venues. Leighton has also handled appeals in numerous State appellate courts and US Courts of Appeals in the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Circuits.
Leighton has a BA degree from Vanderbilt University, a MA degree from the University of Maryland, and a JD from the University of Baltimore.
Business and Commercial Litigation
- J.D., University of Baltimore
- M.A., University of Maryland
- B.A., Vanderbilt University
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- FBFK Attorneys Kevin Barnett and Ryan Marrone Author Seussian-Inspired Article for Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes Publication - January 10, 2020
- MEGAN THOMPSON FOOSHÉE Named to D Magazine’s 2020 List of Best Lawyers Under 40 - January 8, 2020
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018