Kevin E. Barnett
Kevin’s practice primarily consists of complex business disputes across a broad range of industries with respect to a variety of commercial claims. In addition, Kevin has handled matters arising out of the consumer finance, construction, employment, municipal, real estate, and intellectual property practice areas. Given his wide-ranging background, Kevin strives to employ creative and cost-effective solutions to assist his clients in achieving positive results.
Kevin received his bachelor’s degree with a double major from Vanderbilt University and his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law with a distinction for his pro bono work. During law school, Kevin served as a Team Member and Coach of the Broun National Trial Team where both he and his teams competed at the highest levels of trial advocacy. Kevin also served as a Staff Member of The North Carolina Journal of International Law.
Personally, Kevin is a shutterbug, college football enthusiast, and cinephile.
Kevin E. Barnett
Complex Commercial Litigation
Consumer Finance Litigation
Intellectual Property Litigation
Employment Law Litigation
General Civil Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- State of Texas
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Juris Doctor, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts, Vanderbilt University, 2013
- Cord Cutting Contract Disputes and Copyright, 16 The Front Row, NC N. Ass’n Sports & Ent. L. Sec. No. 1, (Jan. 2016).
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, 1999-2009
- Healthcare Navigator, United States Department of Health and Human Services, 2013
- Emergency Medical Responder, National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, 2011-2013
- Frances and John Downing Undergraduate Research Travel Award, 2013