Justin focuses on helping businesses through all stages of their existence. As an entrepreneur, he is passionate about providing tangible value to his clients and ensuring that they receive proper advice to avoid common, as well as hidden, pitfalls and mistakes.
He assists clients with choosing and forming the right type of entity, setting up proper organizational documents, and issuing equity. Justin also supports businesses in their day-to-day operations by working with owners to negotiate and draft contracts and employment agreements, properly classify employees, efficiently structure transactions, and with a broad range of general corporate transactional activities. When the time comes to sell or restructure their business or raise capital, Justin works with the rest of the FBFK team to ensure that the transaction is smooth and successful.
Justin has experience in representing a variety of traditional and modern industries, from hand-rolled premium cigar companies to cutting-edge blockchain services. In addition to his general corporate and M&A practice, Justin focuses on data privacy law and works on securities and franchising projects.
Justin has owned a premium, hand-rolled cigar company since 2013 and, prior to joining the firm, worked as a business analyst for a software development company. He also sat on the board of a blockchain-based startup focused on real estate leasing.
Justin is a diehard Gamecocks fan and graduated cum laude from the University of South Carolina Darla Moore School of Business with bachelor’s degrees in Business Management and Marketing, along with a minor in Classical Music. He graduated from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law where he was heavily involved in the Board of Advocates and served as a student mentor. He is an avid golfer and enjoys spending time with his wife and dog.
Corporate and Business Transactions
Mergers and Acquisitions
Admitted to Practice
- State of Texas
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law
- B.A., Business Management, University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business
- B.A., Marketing, University of South Carolina, Darla Moore School of Business
- Off-Campus Moot Court Coach – SMU Dedman School of Law
- Overview of Worker Classification for Investment Bankers
- Common Friction Points in Negotiating Investing Banking Engagement Letters
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- FBFK Attorneys Kevin Barnett and Ryan Marrone Author Seussian-Inspired Article for Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes Publication - January 10, 2020
- MEGAN THOMPSON FOOSHÉE Named to D Magazine’s 2020 List of Best Lawyers Under 40 - January 8, 2020
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018