Making the decision to franchise your business is not one to take lightly. You must consider whether your business concept is one that can be successfully replicated and whether it is in your best interest to turn your idea into a franchise. There are many factors that you have to take into consideration, before taking the leap to becoming a franchisor.
Similarly, if you are looking to purchase a franchise, there are issues you need to evaluate. When you buy a franchise, you are doing more than just hanging a shingle and running a business. You have to ensure that you have reviewed the provisions of the franchise agreement and other binding documents to protect yourself and your new business venture.
We Have Represented Both Sides And Know The Typical Issues That Arise
At FBFK, we know the ins and outs of franchising. When you contact our firm, we will sit down with you and ask questions to better understand your situation and the best approach for your business. We will cover all of the necessary steps to assist you in achieving success with your franchise.
A Dallas franchise attorney from our office can assist you with any of the following:
- Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD): The FDD is a disclosure document required by the Federal Trade Commission. If you are a franchisor, we will draft this document for you and ensure that all required items are included. If you are a franchisee, we will review the FDD and identify any areas of concern.
- Franchise Agreement: This agreement is crucial as it details the rules of the franchise relationship. As a franchisor, we will help you create the franchise agreement and other related documents needed. If you are a franchisee, we will review the agreement and identify any areas of concern. We will also negotiate the provisions, when necessary.
- Development Agreement: If the franchise involves a specific, guaranteed area, a development agreement may be needed. We will draft this agreement, if necessary, and review it to ensure you are protected.
Not A Lot Of Lawyers Practice Franchise Law
Finding a franchise attorney who is best suited for you is not always easy. Not many lawyers practice franchise law and some who do can be extremely expensive. While price should not be your deciding factor when hiring a law firm, it is definitely one that you can’t ignore. Our law firm provides the best of both worlds – experienced, high quality representation at an affordable rate.
Paul K. Braswell
Attorney / Shareholder
Paul practices with an emphasis in partnership and corporate law, including advising clients with respect to business entity structure, corporate organization and reorganization, taxation, private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, franchising, equity and debt financing transactions, syndications, business dispositions, trademark registrations and other general business matters.
Mackey's practice encompasses a wide array of corporate and business law matters. He takes a holistic approach to guiding his clients through a variety of legal issues that arise during the ownership and operation of a business, and the various transactions that occur before, during and after the life of a business venture.
Megan Thompson Fooshée
Megan practices with an emphasis in business law and contract negotiation, including starting, buying and selling companies. She advises on entity choice, structuring and tax classification, and drafts Partnership and Company Agreements. Megan's legal expertise is complemented by a passion for business and her personal start-up entrepreneurial experiences.
Tricia’s practice focuses on a variety of corporate and transactional areas, including mergers and acquisitions, franchises, and business development.
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018
- TRIAL TEAM PREVAILS IN CONSTRUCTION SUIT - December 21, 2017
- RICK SPENCER LEADS ETHICS PANEL DISCUSSION - December 8, 2017