At its heart, estate planning and probate law are about one thing: protecting everything that you have worked hard for during your life so that, in turn, your loved ones will be cared for after your death. Taking the time and care to plan your estate early ensures that your assets are in order, protected, and ready to be distributed properly to the correct people. It is never too early to start. Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta PC is pleased to assist clients with the following major elements of estate planning as well as other planning documents, including:
- The drafting and reviewing of wills.
- Living wills.
- Powers of attorney.
- Healthcare proxies.
If you need to speak with a Plano estate planning attorney about your legal needs, we encourage you to contact Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta PC.
Depending on the size and nature of your estate, there are a number of different estate planning measures we provide—and we can help you understand which actions are most appropriate for you. While wills and trusts are a large part of our estate planning practice, we provide a wide range of wealth preservation and asset protection services. When you work with our Plano estate planning attorneys, we will do more than simply produce or review your documents. We will:
- Take measure of your assets, from your retirement accounts and investment accounts, to your great grandmother’s wedding ring and your guitar collection.
- Discuss with you what you would like to achieve from planning your estate as well as your biggest concerns.
- Discuss what you would like to happen legally if you become ill or incapacitated.
- Outline to whom you would like to bequeath your estate.
- Take steps to minimize federal estate taxes and other stressful complications by properly handling your accounts.
We see estate planning as more than a series of documents that need to be drafted and signed. We want you and your family to feel comfort knowing that all aspects of your life will be properly organized and protected in the future—and that your loved ones will not have to confront the stress of handling your estate. We understand that estate planning is not just about your will—it is about the home you have lived in for years, the nest egg you worked so hard to grow, and even your family pets and heirlooms.
Legal and Financial Pros in Estate Planning
Our attorneys are highly knowledgeable about financial matters that may affect your estate. Members of our firm have M.B.A. degrees and are experienced in a wide range of issues that may affect your rights, including estate and probate laws. Over the years, we have come to understand that individuals require different plans suited to their assets, their family, their health, their concerns, and their wishes. Our team will help you draft that unique plan.
It’s Never too Soon to be Prepared.
At FBFK, we believe strongly that it is never too soon to be prepared for the future. You have worked hard your whole life to build your estate. Effective estate planning can help you avoid unnecessary taxes and give more of your wealth to the people you love. How do you begin? Contact us today to speak with an attorney about your estate planning needs. Even if you are unsure of what you need, we can help determine which documents will protect your assets and your family simply based on your wishes and concerns. To speak with an estate planning attorney at our firm about wills, trusts, powers of attorney, business succession planning and other estate planning matters, call 972-378-9111 or contact us by e-mail.
Attorney / Shareholder
Carol’s practice focuses on Estate Planning including: Wills, Trusts, Probate, Asset Protection and Marital Agreements.
Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC
Latest posts by Ferguson Braswell Fraser Kubasta, PC (see all)
- FBFK Attorneys Kevin Barnett and Ryan Marrone Author Seussian-Inspired Article for Dallas Bar Association’s Headnotes Publication - January 10, 2020
- MEGAN THOMPSON FOOSHÉE Named to D Magazine’s 2020 List of Best Lawyers Under 40 - January 8, 2020
- JOHN CONE AND KELLY KUBASTA PRESENT ON “IP CONSIDERATIONS DURING A MERGER/ACQUISITION” - January 31, 2018