Business owners are faced with a dizzying array of state, federal and local employment laws and regulations. When you hire employees, you are entrusting them with your confidential information and trade secrets, so you need to take measures to protect yourself and your business. Our firm will help you by:
- Creating enforceable non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Identifying methods for protecting your confidential information and trade secrets
- Creating a custom report outlining how your organization can reduce litigation exposure.
We also assist companies with difficult employment-related decisions and defend employers in actions involving:
- Discrimination and retaliation under the Civil Rights Act and Title VII
- ADA – The Americans with Disabilities Act
- ADEA – The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- ERISA – Employment Retirement Income Securities Act
- FCRA – The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- FLSA – The Fair Labor Standards Act
- FMLA – The Family and Medical Leave Act
- WARN – The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The Texas Labor Code
- Workers’ Compensation plans and Non-Subscriber Compliance
We ensure that your employment policies not only comply with the law, but also provide practical solutions that meet your business requirements.
Representing clients throughout the Dallas metropolitan area and nationwide, our firm is conveniently located in Plano, Texas. To speak directly with one of our attorneys about your situation, call 972-378-9111 or contact us by e-mail.
Traci M. Clements
Traci focuses on general employment law matters as well as ERISA and employee benefits, including executive compensation. She has both worked in Human Resources, and served as in-house counsel - including a position as General Counsel to a small capital publicly traded company.
Danise A. McMahon
Attorney / Shareholder
Danise has broad litigation experience in state and federal courts, including trials, arbitration, administrative hearings and mediation. Her litigation practice focuses on complex commercial and employment litigation in state and federal courts in Texas and throughout the country.
Nicole L. Phillips
Nicole is experienced in civil litigation and practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and employment law. She has represented clients in both state and federal court, in matters before the EEOC, and in mediations. Ms. Phillips has extensive experience in employment law and has represented clients in diverse employment matters involving non-competition agreements, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination arising under federal and state employment statutes.
Attorney / Shareholder
Mark advises and assists clients in a wide variety of businesses, including construction, manufacturing, information technology and government contract services. He also acts as an outside general counsel for several privately held entities handling a broad range of their corporate, commercial, and employment matters.