COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
FBFK views diversity and inclusion as more than just the “right thing to do,” rather, we view it as our duty and as critical to our firm’s future. A firm that is diverse in perspectives and people and inclusive on all fronts is the firm that will thrive. FBFK is steadfast in its commitment to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion because it makes us a stronger, better firm.
PUTTING WORDS INTO ACTION
- Through FBFK’s formal firm policies and initiatives across our offices, we encourage diversity through commitments to hire, mentor, train, develop, and promote a diverse and talented staff, including our attorneys.
- FBFK is dedicated to growing our firm by continuing to diversify and adapt our pool of highly qualified staff, which is reflected in our commitment to hire qualified and talented people of all races, sexes, and creeds.
- We are committed to retaining and advancing our diverse attorneys within the firm. Our advancement initiatives include a formal mentoring program which provides structure for monitoring and highlighting all our attorneys’ achievements and work assignments, as well as providing training and coaching to strengthen necessary business development skills.
- Our standing Diversity Committee, attended by our founder, encourages a culture of inclusion throughout the firm where all attorneys can thrive based on their talents and skills. While we have many diverse lawyers and staff on the Diversity Committee, we do not rely exclusively on the Committee to push the diversity needle. FBFK’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is genuine and comes from the very top of our firm.
- We encourage active participation in groups and associations that highlight diversity, such as the National Association of Women Lawyers and other similar organizations.
The firm takes a proactive stance in assisting organizations with focus on diversity issues within the community at large. FBFK supports these organizations based on a track record of actual impact helping diverse communities within the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and greater Houston area by providing financial contributions and volunteer assistance.